Advancing accessibility and inclusion at McMaster University
What do we do?
We form deliberate and strategic partnerships with faculty, staff and students in order to create and maintain a culture of accessibility and inclusion on campus.
- Ensuring that the University is meeting its compliance obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Advising and working collaboratively to create accessible and inclusive programs, services, classrooms and workplaces.
- Providing workshops and training opportunities on accessibility, the duty to accommodate, McMaster University's Accessibility Policy and the AODA.
Contact us when you
- Have questions about the AODA – who, what, when and how?
- Want more information on promising practices on accessibility and inclusion.
- Need advice and guidance on your rights and responsibilities in providing or seeking a disability-related accommodation in the classroom or workplace.
- Want to learn more about accessibility through our training modules and workshops.
- Want to get involved with supporting AccessMac.
For more information contact us.
- Accessible Campus Buildings Maps
- Accessibility Checklist
- Creating Accessible Electronic Materials
- Transition Guide for Students with Disabilities
- McMaster Institute for Innovation & Excellence in Teaching & Learning's Accessibility Video
For more accessibility resources geared towards faculty, students, staff and/or visitors to campus, please visit McMaster's online hub for all things accessibility, accessibility.mcmaster.ca.